• Seaport of international economic importance for the Republic of Croatia
• The main gateway to the Pan-European Corridor Vc
• Port area managed by the Ploče Port Authority, founded by the Government of the Republic of Croatia
• The second largest port in Croatia in terms of annual cargo volumes
• 5.5 million tons capacity of general, container, dry bulk and liquid cargo
• 5.015.062.056 tons of traffic in 2022
• Total port area: 250 hectares (170 hectares built)
• Access to road and rail networks connecting the Adriatic, the Mediterranean and Central Europe.
Project realization model
COMPLETED INVESTMENTS: • 108,80 million EUR invested in the port under the Trade and Transport Integration Project (2006-2016) financed by the Croatian Government and the World Bank: – The first phase of the new 60.000 TEU capacity container terminal, – The first phase of the new 4.6 million tons capacity bulk cargo terminal, – The incoming terminal with parking area, administrative buildings and control station, – The supporting port infrastructure (road, rail, water, wastewater and power supply), – Modern electronic port community system; • 61 million EUR invested in port suprastructure by the primary concessionaire Luka Ploče Plc.; • Total investment in the new liquid cargo terminal 73.400.000,00 EUR with 176.000,00 m3 storage for clean petroleum products (CPP). 10 MILLION EUR INVESTMENTS UNDERWAY: • The third phase (grup 23) of the new liquid cargo terminal with 37.000,00 m3 clean petroleum products (CPP). • Design of the new petroleum and liquefied petroleum gas jetty. FUTURE INVESTMENTS: • Phase IV., V. i VI., new liquid cargo terminal with 130,000 m3 CPP storage, and 44.000,00 m3 LPG storage; • Construction of Petroleum and liquefied petroleum gas jetty for tankers up to 88,000 dwt; • The second and third phase of the container terminal up to 200.000 TEU capacity; • The second phase of the bulk cargo terminal, 6 million tons full terminal capacity; • Infrastructure for logistics and value-added services. INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Interested investors are welcomed to invest in 80 hectares of available port land on the basis of a concession granted through a public tender.