It is located on the Muzil peninsula, next to the Pula neighbourhood that’s famous for the Arena, a Roman amphitheatre from 68 AD, the best preserved ancient monument in Croatia. It extends over approximately 160 hectares of predominantly woodland, with a view of the well-known National Park Brijuni, an archipelago of 14 small islands.
The Republic of Croatia and the City of Pula, as the owners of the land, plan to develop a former military recruitment centre on the Muzil peninsula into a high quality multipurpose resort with several hotels, a golf course, two marinas and sports port, hot air balloon airfield, residential area and with a number of public facilities (Military Navy Museum, cultural-congress centre, multifunctional hall, tourist office, gallery, entertainment centre and beach facilities).
THE PROJECT CONSISTS OF 6 SEPARATE ZONES:
1. The Marie Louise Zone (excluding the Marie Louise Fort, which is envisaged for the founding of the Military Navy Museum). The construction of two hotels with a maximum of 750 beds and a garage with 200 parking places are planned within the Zone
2. The “Dolina suza” (Valley of tears) Zone, a future beach complex with a hot air balloon airfield
3. The “Utvrda Muzil” (Muzil Fort) Zone, envisaged for hotel accommodation (T1, with 550 beds), garage with 280 parking places, tourist settlement (T2, with 250 beds), residential area and a 18 hole golf course
4. The “Fižela” Zone, in which an entertainment centre and sailing club are planned. Plans for the construct of a sports port with120 berths have been drafted
5. The “Smokvica” Zone, intended for residential and tourism purposes. The planned facilities include two hotels with a maximum of 720 beds, residential facilities, aqua park and a shopping mall with a cinema and several garages with more than 500 parking places. This zone also envisages the construction of two marinas with 180 and 200 berths
6. The “Mali Plato” (Small Plateau) Zone, with planned construction of a cultural - congress centre and a garage with 200 parking places
The Urban Development Plan of the location must be adopted prior to the implementation of the investment.
Project realization model
The Project was initiated by the Ministry of Tourism and Sport, based on the Strategy of Tourism Development until 2020. The Ministry of Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets, in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism and Sport and the City of Pula, will continue with implementation of the activities in order to create conditions for the announcement of a public tender for implementation of the Project. There is also a possibility that the future public tender shall allow the submission of bids for individual zones within the project. Incentives may be realized for this project, under the conditions stipulated by the Act on Investment Promotion (OG 63/22).